Essential Oil Tricks You Should Try Today!
You've probably heard a lot about the benefits of essential oils lately, but do you know how to actually use them in your everyday life?! From getting rid of bugs, to removing stains, and even helping you sleep, these natural oils can do much more than you think…
1. Toilet Paper. Add a few drops of your favourite essential oil to the inside cardboard of your toilet paper, for a fresh scent in your bathroom! By putting it on the inner tube rather than the paper itself, the pleasant scent will release every time someone uses the paper!
2. Clothes. To freshen your clothes and stop any damp-smelling disasters, use a little cedarwood, lavender or eucalyptus oil on the wooden shelves in your closet, or the drawers in your dresser. By soaking the oils directly into the wood, your clothes won’t get oily, and the smell will last longer.
3. Microwave. Steam-clean your microwave naturally, with a bowl of water and drops of lemon essential oil! Simply zap the bowl of lemony-water for 5 minutes to loosen any dirt or stains, then easily wipe down the microwave!
4. Cleaning. Do your kids love drawing on the walls? Well lemon essential oil will remove even permanent marker stains, without leaving any toxic residue.
5. Deodorizers. Natural oils are also great shoe deodorizers! Sprinkle some baking soda and a few drops of your favourite essential oil into your smelly shoes, and enjoy fresh feet the next time you wear them.
6. Bugs. Peppermint oil is a natural and harmless way to keep spiders, ants and other bugs away! They all HATE the smell of peppermint, so keep bugs at bay by soaking cotton buds in peppermint oil and placing them in any problem spots around the house. Or, add 10-15 drops to a water bottle, and spray surfaces, floors or walls where those creepy crawlies love to roam.
7. Congestion. Clear congestion by using peppermint and eucalyptus oils in boiling water, and breathe in the scents with a towel over your head. Sinus pressure will relieve instantly, and the act of deep-breathing will help calm and relax you.
8. Sleep. Use lavender essential oil inside your pillow case to help you ease into a deeper, more restful sleep. Breathe in the gentle scents as you relax in bed, and let it drift off to dream-land!
Want to win cool prizes?
Take a selfie with our product and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org to win!